Valid IDs for Passport Application
List of Acceptable IDs for Philippine Passport Application (Any of the following with one (1) photocopy):
- Philippine Identification (PhilID) / ePhilID
The following IDs may also be used in lieu of the Philippine Identification (PhilID) / ePhilID:
- Social Security System (SSS) Card
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Card
- Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) Card
- Land Transportation Office (LTO) Driver’s License (Driver’s License cards expiring on 24 April until 31 October 2023 and said expired cards perforated during the renewal process are accepted together with the temporary license in paper format).
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) ID
- Philippine Identification (PhilID)/ePhilID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) E-Card
- Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Voter’s ID or Voter’s Certificate issued from COMELEC main office in Intramuros, Manila.
- Philippine National Police (PNP) Permit to Carry Firearms Outside Residence
- Senior Citizen ID
- Airman License (issued August 2016 onwards)
- Philippine Postal ID (issued November 2016 onwards)
- Seafarer’s Record Book (SRB) or Seafarers Identity Document (SID) (*must be issued Feb 2020 onwards) issued by the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA)
- Valid or Latest Passport (For Renewal of Passport)
- School ID (if applicable)
For minor applicants -(if school ID is not applicable) Certificate of Enrolment with photo of minor and dry seal of school
For adult applicants -School ID and Certificate of Registration
- For applicants based overseas, they may use their host government issued IDs showing their Philippine citizenship. (Example: Residence Card)
- All IDs presented should be readable, untampered and contain consistent information with the documents presented upon application.
- Original and photocopy of IDs and supporting documents are required to be presented upon application.
Important Reminder: The Department may require additional supporting documents as may be necessary.