Philippine Standard Time

Report of Marriage (For Marriages solemnized in Japan / contracted between a Filipino and a Japanese national

Present original documents and submit five (5) photocopies of each
(kindly collate and arrange into sets of 5 according to the order of documents below):

  1. Report of Marriage Form(Form Rev. 01 24 April 2018)
    • Five (5) forms should be printed in A4 paper, originally filled out and item 20 should be notarized by the notary public.
    • Entries must be at the time of marriage of the spouses/subject
  2. CENOMAR / Advisory on Marriages issued by the PSA.
  3. Original documents of the following:
    • Konin Todoke No Kisai Jiko Shomeisho (Marriage Notification report)
    • latest Koseki Tohon (Family Registry) (If spouse is Japanese)
    • Juri Shomeisho (Certificate of Acceptance of Marriage showing couple’s date and place of marriage) (If spouse is non-Japanese)

*Note: Koseki Shohon (Certificate of Acceptance of Marriage) is not acceptable.

  1. Birth Certificate of Filipino spouse issued by the PSA.
  2. Passports of both parties valid at the time of marriage or Alien Card and valid ID/passport at the time of application of ROM
  3. Marriage License/Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (if available)
  4. Five (5) recent passport size photos of both parties
  5. Notarized Affidavit of Delayed Registration [required only for applicants who were married for more than one (1) year].
  6. Notarized Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons [required only for applicants who were married for more than one (1) year].
  7. Negative Certification of Marriage Record from the PSA (CRS Form No. 3)


For Annulled or Legally Separated Filipino Spouse – submit copy of DFA Authenticated Marriage Contract issued by the PSA with proper annotation;

For Divorced Filipino Spouse – submit copy of DFA Authenticated Judicial Decree of Absolute Divorce issued by the Philippine Court with Certificate of Finality, and Marriage Certificate with proper annotation issued by the PSA;

For Widowed Filipino Spouse – submit Death Certificate issued by PSA or foreign death certificate of previous spouse;

For Divorced, Annulled or Legally Separated Foreign Spouse – submit copy of foreign decree / decision;

For Widowed Foreign Spouse – submit Death Certificate of previous spouse.

*Note: Upon evaluation, additional documents may be required by the evaluating desk officer from the applicant upon evaluation of the requirements.

      • Consular Fee of USD 25.00 and translation fee of USD 25.00 to be paid in Philippine pesos at the Cashier located at the 2nd floor of the DFA Office of Consular Affairs, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Avenue, ASEANA Business Park, Parañaque City
      • For marriages solemnized under the jurisdiction of Philippine Consulate in Osaka, Japan – additional fee of USD 25.00 for translation of Koseki Tohon
      • Forms are downloadable online ( or a
        t Consular Records Window.

      • Requirements are to be submitted at the Ground floor (Door 1, Window 1) of DFA Office of Consular Affairs, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Avenue, ASEANA Business Park, Parañaque City
      • Processing period: Approximately 2 to 4 months
      • Contact us :

[email protected] 

Please indicate subject: country of event_type of event (Japan_ROM)

(02) 836-7744 Direct Line

(02) 8-651-9400 local 2396

*** Applications are now on APPOINTMENT BASIS, please email [email protected] to set an appointment. ***

All content is in the public domain unless otherwise stated.
Learn more about the Philippine government, its structure,
how government works and the people behind it.